Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bioderma Crealine H2O Ultra-Mild Non-Rinse Face and Eyes Cleanser

When it comes to makeup, I can be very fickle, but with my skincare, I don't like change. I realize that some of you look forward to the evening ritual when you treat yourself to a two-step washing process, put on a masque, add a toner, and then apply treatment, serum, and finally moisturizer. I envy that kind of pampering, but 1) I am lazy and 2) I work a lot, so by the time I wash my face I just want to dunk my head in a bucket and be done with it.

Enter Bioderma Crealine H2O Ultra-Mild Non-Rinse Face and Eyes Cleanser. Such an imposing mouthful for a product that is so unassuming and simple.


Prices vary by size and how it's packaged (I pay $57.95 for two 500ml bottles). It is a little pricey but worth every cent. With a full face of makeup, including water resistant mascara and eyeliner, I apply the watery cleanser to a Swisspers Facial Cleaning Pad and gently wipe all over my face, including my eyes and lips. Then I turn the pad over and use the clean side to go over my face again and remove any last traces of makeup. No second wash, no facial redness (so I could reapply my makeup immediately after), no eye stinging, and no skin irritation.

I never imagined it would be so effective because it's like pouring water onto the cotton pad, but it performs the job of three products (wash, tone, moisturize) and has the bonus of being extremely cooling to the skin. In fact, when hot weather rolls around, I will keep a bottle of this in the fridge.

I have been using this cleanser at least four times a week for the last three months. I often alternate nights with another favorite (Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser, reviewed here), and I have experienced no breakouts or rashes or milia.

Bottom line: Favorite cleanser.

I buy Bioderma Crealine from FrenchCosmetics.net. They order directly from their distributers in France every Sunday evening, so the products they send you are the freshest. (Unaffiliated.)

8 comments:

  1. I do enjoy my simple ritual but this sounds like a wonderful product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a *fantastic* product. It behaves much like Avene, but it is not creamy, so it will be great for summer when my skin is a bit more oily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zuzu, if you were to choose between the Avene cleanser and Bioderma, would you have a preference? (I like Avene a lot, but it doesn't completely remove my mascara.) I think I may need to try this when my Avene runs out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the Bioderma. In fact, when I use up my backup of the Avene, I won't buy any more. It's wonderful stuff, but Bioderma seems to do a slightly better job at cleaning. With Avene, I sometimes have to wash twice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting this. I've been looking for a reasonable source for Bioderma for ages, and the deal this site offers is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dain, you're welcome. Just don't be in a hurry--it takes about 2 weeks to get because they only order what they need, but their customer service is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bioderma Crealine H2o has been accessible to me at every Shoppers Drugmart i have swung-by. I live in Alberta Canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bioderma Crealine H2o has been stocked in every Shoppers Drugmart i visit. I LIVE IN ALBERTA, CANADA!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.