Friday, April 22, 2011

Liebster Blog Award

Many thanks to the lovely and generous Jeanie at Makeup Merriment for choosing me for the Liebster Blog Award. I can't describe what a pleasant surprise it was to make the blog rounds this morning and see Everyday Beauty tagged for this award.

The Liebster Award is designed to bring recognition to bloggers with fewer than 300 followers. Not only is this an award you receive, but it is also one that you give. If you receive a Liebster Blog Award you are asked to choose three other bloggers and send them an award as well.

I would like to thank Jeanie again, and recognize the following blogs, all of whom I have had bookmarked for ages and read regularly:
  • The Unknown Beauty Blog. "Unknown" is a reference to Olivia's desire for privacy, but her blog should certainly be more widely read and followed. Not only does she write great reviews and take incredible photos (she measures brushes and posts the dimensions!), she has a side blog (Into the Palette) where she offers her readers amazingly detailed tutorials. I blame her almost entirely for my Julie Hewett collection.
  • Visionary Beauty. I was surprised this blog does not have more followers. She has a lovely writing style and reviews a lot of the products I enjoy wearing. In fact, some of her reviews helped me decide. She takes great pictures and posts swatches to help readers take the guesswork out of shopping--especially for those of us who don't have ready access to some of the items she's reviewing.
  • Diva Debbi. DD writes about everything, high and low. She's always looking for the greatest anti-aging skincare, and she writes with a great sense of humor.
  • How to be Chic. Who doesn't want to look chic and be surrounded by chic?  I admire Fiona for trying to slow down the pace of her life and appreciate all the beauty that surrounds her. I blog mostly about makeup, but I also place a great deal of importance on how my home and yard look and feel, and love reading Fiona's blog, which shares beautiful insights and photographs.
Every day I learn anew how the blogsphere is filled with wonderful, kind, and generous people, and I am honored to be able to participate in and pass on a little blog love.

6 comments:

  1. That is lovely and the award is well-deserved. Your blog is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I was surprised Visionary Beauty didn't have a large following but then again, I'm sure she will. I read her blog and Olivia's faithfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia, my pleasure. Truly.

    Ammie, I had no idea this award existed, but I think the idea is brilliant. I hope it draws some attention to these hard working bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for mentioning my blog! You are very kind, and thanks to your lovely words I am now blushing. I appreciate your words of comfort too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.