Saturday, April 16, 2011

Paula’s Choice RESIST Skincare Line: Guest Reviewer Ammie

As I mature, I find that skincare is more alluring to me now than makeup.  Don’t get me wrong, I still love my makeup; it’s just that skin care has taken its place in my buying priorities.  My goals in makeup shopping have changed; I want products that make me look younger not trendier.  So, more natural makeup +plus good skin should=a younger look.

With that goal in mind, I’ve tried a lot of skincare, from expensive brands like La Mer to less expensive brands like Avon.  I’ve come to realize that creams can only do so much, and the expensive brands don’t necessarily do more than the less expensive ones.  With that in mind, I decided to try Paula’s Choice new RESIST anti-aging line of products.  I started out with samples and enjoyed the line so much that I ordered full sizes.


You can listen to what Paula has to say about her new line on her web site.

Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist) from YouTube also has high praise for this line:



As for me, I love it. I’ve been using the line for about a month now. I started off slowly with the AHAs. I used the 5% every night and the 10% once a week. Then I moved to the 10% three times a week and the 5% on the other nights. Now I’m up to the 5% every day, the 10% every two nights and the 5% on the other nights. I’ve even bought into Paula’s suggestion about eliminating an eye cream and using her moisturizer around the eye area. I’ve seen no loss in moisture by doing this.

In the time that I’ve been using RESIST, I’ve noticed that my skin is smoother and clearer. I can even say that my fine lines seem less noticeable. For me, that is wonderful news and I intend to keep using the line until ... you know how it is, something else catches my eye.

Here’s my current skin care regimen.  I should also mention that I don’t mix skin care lines unless I am in the process of using one up.

Morning:
  • Wash with RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser
  • Tone with RESIST Advanced Replenishing Skin Remodeling Complex
  • Exfoliate with RESIST Daily Smoothing Treatment with 5% AHA
  • Feed skin with Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Retinol which can be used around the eyes*
  • Moisturize eye area with RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer
  • Protect with Moisture Boost Daily Restoring Complex with SPF20.
Evening:
  • Wash with RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser
  • Tone with RESIST Advanced Replenishing Skin Remodeling Complex
  • Exfoliate with RESIST Daily Smoothing Treatment with 5% AHA or RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% AHA
  • Feed skin with RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
  • Moisturize with RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer.
*In case you’re wondering why I use a different serum in the morning, I wanted one with Retinol which the RESIST serum doesn’t contain.

RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser is a rich cleanser that comes in a pump dispenser. It’s hydrating and excellent at removing makeup at the end of the day.  I like that you wash it off instead of taking it off with a tissue.  I haven’t used it for eye makeup as I have a separate eye makeup remover for that purpose.


RESIST Advanced Replenishing Skin Remodeling Complex is a clear liquid that you apply to a cotton pad or ball and wipe over your face and neck.



RESIST Daily Smoothing Treatment with 5% AHA is a tinted cream/gel that is very lightly and pleasantly scented.  The scent disappears in a few seconds. I use this on my face and neck too.



RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% AHA is a liquid and it sinks right into the skin.  Again, I use this on my face and neck.


RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum can feel a bit oily at first but this, too, sinks right into my skin and leaves my skin soft and not oily at all.  I use this around my eyes and on my face and neck.


RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer is a light creamy moisturizer that you just can’t seem to over apply. Although it’s light, I find it moisturizing enough on my normal skin.


Again, I use this around my eyes and on my face and neck.

I think Paula has created a winning line here. My skin and my credit cards both thank her!

~!~!~!~!~!~!

For a list of ingredients, click the links in the following list and then click the INGREDIENTS tab from that page.

Photos from pulaschoice.com

4 comments:

  1. Ammie, great review! I've used several PC products, and I really like them, especially her AHA/BHAs. A friend gave me some of the RESIST line to try, but it was too rich for my skin. Give me another 5 years, when oil production dries up even further, and I'll be standing in line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And thanks for adding in those extra pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review! I would have liked to the ingredent lists for these products, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggesion; the ingredient list would have taken pages, but I added a list with pointers to the ingredients listed on Paula's Choice Web site. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.