Thursday, May 5, 2011

Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick in Tender Love

Image from edwardbess.com
Introduced in the Fall 2009 lipstick trio, Edward Bess's Ultra Slick Lipstick in Tender Love ($32) is a mid-toned tea rose with red undertones. When I first tried it on, I immediately thought it was a more wearable version of MAC Twig--a lipstick I would have loved if it had been less drying and a hint less brown. Tender Love is slightly rosier and far more moisturizing. When I swatch it on the back of my hand, I can see the red, which fades into my rosy-mauve pigmented lips.


Like all the Ultra Slick lipsticks, Tender Love is a demi matte, moisturizing lip product that does not smear, migrate, or bleed into the tiny lines radiating from my lips. Initial application imparts a hint of gloss that quickly dries down to a satiny finish. Zero shimmer. When the color fades, I can blot off the remainder and then reapply over the stain left behind without going through the nuisance of a lip pencil. Or even a mirror! When I open the sleek, metal tube, I get a burst of fruit smell (wild figs) that is cloying.

Tender Love has been in fairly heavy rotation, but it's just slighlty too warm for me.


Bottom line: Comfortable, creamy, moisturizing.


All photos mine except where noted

6 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite colors of his too and I generally shy away from strongish lip colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you consider Tender Love strong? I have relatively pigmented lips, so it's kind of a wash on me. A wash I LOVE, but nonetheless ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen numerous posts on Edward Bess but haven't gotten the chance to try out his products yet. The red shade looks incredibly lovely on you and the mention of wild figs? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I need to get one of these lippies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristie, Vintage, I recommend his lipsticks highly! I'll be reviewing his two reds in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful on you!

    That is a really striking color that is somehow natural without looking over the top- I could almost see myself in this one. Not right now but in fall. I'm still inching my way out of my pale box =)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.