Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Favorites: May 2011


Here's what I loved in May:

Becca Luminous Skin Color in Porcelain (reviewed here).

Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush in Delicata. A blush I initially disliked on sight, but which turned out to be a perfect bronzer shade for my pale skin. An enthusiastic review is coming up soon, now that I've had the chance to use this product for a few weeks. (Update to include link to review here.)

Laura Mercier Lustre Eye Colour in Topaz. A gently shimmering taupe laced with bronze and mauve. This is just one of those eye shadows I can't define but which always looks good on me. If I weren't so fickle and so easily distracted by pretty things, I could stop looking right here.

Rouge Bunny Rouge When Birds Are Singing in Gracious Arasari (reviewed here). Perfect everyday wash of color, goes with everything. A surprise hit in my recent RBR purchase.

Becca Demi Matte Eye Color in Chantilly. A satiny greyed ivory with lavender undertones. I never appreciated this eyeshadow as a brow bone color, but on the movable lid, it provides instant face brightening and looks gorgeous with browns, greys, and plums.

Laura Mercier Gel Lip Colour in Sweet Cherry (reviewed here). Holy cats, 'nuff said.

Bobbi Brown Blush Brush. Made from the eyelashes of a million tiny kittens (that fell out naturally, of course), I tell myself I don't need that $uqqu brush because I have this. It took me years to use any faces brushes, besides the Jane Iredale Handi, because they were all so prickly, but this brush is like tracing clouds or morning dew across my face. The more I use it, the softer it gets.

Paula Dorf Eye Primer Brush. Not tons of excitement about a synthetic brush, other than it does the job and it is the perfect size for my lids, which I use with my favorite eye primer (Paula Dorf, of course, reviewed here.) Easy to clean, holds up exceptionally well.


I have swatched the colors below in the following order:
1. Becca Porcelain
2. Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicata
3. Laura Mercier Topaz
4. Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracious Ararari
5. Becca Chantilly
6. Laura Mercier Sweet Cherry



All photos mine.

11 comments:

  1. I always like to see what people liked and got a lot of use out of during the month. I'll be working on my post too! We have similar tastes in colors, which is one reason I love your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for an excellent post!
    Gracious Arasari is quite a staple for me, as is the cream eyeshadow in Atlas Swallowtail. But Delicata is true love. On my fair-to-medium with lots (and lots) of redness and yellow undertones skin, it is a lovely combination of light bronzer/blush, whilst I also regularly use it as an eyeshadow, either as a wash or as a transition colour. I find that it performs beautifully...
    Have a great week!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I can't wait to read your favorites. I love reading your blog, too.

    Nina, I am shocked, shocked I tell you, over how much I love Delicata. I also have a lot of natural pinkness in my face. I had not thought to use it as an eyeshadow. I haven't done my face yet today, so that is just what I am going to do. Thanks for the excellent tip! I love multi-tasking products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I may have to revisit Chantilly. And now you are making Delicata sound like a must-have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK your original post had LM Sweet Cherry in my online NM cart and then I managed to get it out...I now sense it's return *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eyelashes of a million tiny kittens! LOL! I also just noticed the carpe cosmeticum motto. Hilarious. :D

    I have to hit the Laura Mercier counter today and I might pick up one of those gel lipsticks if they're still there. Was tempted last time but somehow managed to resist. Not after your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab faves! All of the shadow faves are gorgeous, totally shadows I'd wear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! I need to *steal* this idea from you, you won't mind, will you? lol

    LOL about the kittens!

    I just received EB nude(thanks for the rec) - off to have a play with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ammie, you NEED Delicata.

    PP, you NEED Sweet Cherry.

    Liz, you NEED a kitten. Oops, I'm getting carried away.

    Vinti, I love my favs!

    Jeanie, steal away! It's not like I came up with the idea. Buncha copycats we are. I look forward to your Nude impressions. Wait. That came out wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors! Especially the LM Topaz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely choices! Topaz looks really pretty in your swatch and I'm desperate to try LM Gel Lip Colours after reading your review last week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.