Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring 2011: Chanel Rouge Allure 85 Coquette

From Chanel's Spring/Summer 2011 collection, Rouge Allure Coquette ($32) is a complex, juicy, rose-pink with a hints of warm strawberry, coral, and almost imperceptible blue shimmers. At certain angles in different light, I also see gold.



The mauve undertones in my lips can make this lipstick very bright. I find the color unique, at least from my own lipsticks. I never much cared for the Hydrabase or Rouge Coco formulas, but Rouge Allure is silky and smooth, and the color wears a solid 4 hours on me. I do not notice the rose scent (which used to make me gag with the Hydrabase), so either my sensitivities have diminished or the scent has.

Indirect sunlight
Natural indoor light
Bottom line: Extremely comfortable and pretty coral-pink shade for the season.


All photos mine.

7 comments:

  1. Isn't Coquette pretty! I love it. Flamboyante is fabulous too from the Spring collection. When I want to tone it down a little I put it on on top of Aragonite Glossimer from the same colletion ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description of the shade! It really is a pretty colour for spring and summer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coquette is one of my favorite shades from the line. It's unique and beautiful. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kristie, your pictures helped me choose it!

    @PP, I will have to take a look at Flamboyante, thanks for the tip.

    @Nat, thanks very much.

    @Ammie, I think you'd like it in theory, because of the warmth, but it might be too bright for your current preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coquette is gorgeous! I'm so jealous you can afford so much Chanel! Your blog is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful color! I only have one lipstick in this formula- I can't recall the name but I believe it's a nude though- lol big surprise there!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.