Wednesday, June 29, 2011

First Blog Sale Coming Soon (UPDATE)

Photo credit: Laura Mercier Fall 2009 (Fresco)
I dislike clutter, so it is time for some heavy editing. I must first gather all the items together for photos, but sometime next week, I'll be putting up my first (and probably only) blog sale. I've accumulated far too many products, most of which I've barely touched and some of which are completely unused.

Among the brands slated for departure are: Becca, Benefit, Bobbi Brown, Edward Bess, Chanel, Chantecaille, Dior, Ellis Faas, Guerlain, Jane Iredale, Lancome, MAC, Make Up For Ever, Trish McEvoy, Laura Mercier, Le Metier de Beaute, Paul & Joe, Rock & Republic, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Smashbox, Stila, Three Custom Colors, Urban Decay, and Vincent Longo.

I shall let go without a backward glance. No remorse, no regrets. So stay tuned and help save me from myself.






UPDATE:
Given my spectacularly bad planning (what was I thinking slipping in a blog sale on a major US holiday weekend), I will put the blog sale up on Tuesday. That seems most fair.

13 comments:

  1. If you need a savior, I'm your girl. Waiting with bated breath to see what you have to offer! We seem to have some similar tastes, so I have a feeling I'm going to be verrrrry tempted!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ruthless and I love it! Good luck weeding everything out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you make it a worldwide shipping blog sale - or at least to Norway? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, indeed, I will ship internationally. My overseas sisters will have to let me know what to put on the customs form to make it go through fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have dibs on the RBR - just kidding! I'm looking forward to this. I wish you were on Twitter too btw! Your presence is missed on there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep checking my blog roll to see if you have updated this. ;) Can you tell I'm a bit excited? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee! I can promise you it won't happen before Sunday, more likely Monday. I have a lot to photograph! I also need to locate the boxes for everything (if I still have them), make sure the brushes are clean, and polish the compacts (I don't like when I swap for something and it's covered in fingerprints--yuck).

    I am going to be very methodical and ruthless. No backups and no dupes (how many taupes eyeshadows or rosy-brown lipsticks or clear rose blushes do I need? ONE of each). So it's going to be a little heartbreaking. But I am determined and committed to lighten my load.

    But first I will treat you all to pictures of the stash in its entirety. It's probably not as big as some bloggers' collections. I just know it's getting out of hand for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if anyone is subscriting to comments on this post, but if yes, I wanted to mention that I am making slow and steady progress. I have a whole new respect for those of you who have had blog sales already. It's a HUGE amount of work to gather it all together, find the packaging, photograph it, write a usage description, and calculate a fair price. Yikes.

    Had I known it would be so time consuming, I would have waited a day or two with the teaser post! Now I am wondering it if's cruel to have it on a holiday weekend (I wasn't thinking) and maybe I should do it on Tuesday, so anyone who has plans to be away won't be left in the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I'm thinking you should keep it this weekend and I'll have better pickings, since I'll be available to browse...without so much competition! ;)

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.