Monday, June 13, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush in Gracilis

Click to enlarge
After reading the compelling reviews by Visionary Beauty and Dempeaux, I ordered Rouge Bunny Rouge For Love of Roses Original Skin Blush (£25.00) in the color Gracilis.


The first thing I noticed about the Rouge Bunny Rouge powder blushes is they are not powdery at all. They are so super fatted they apply like a cream, and the finish is so natural looking, it would be hard to overdo. I apply the color to my cheekbones in a circular, buffing motion. Sometimes I dab Rouge Bunny Rouge cream blush in Vermeer on the apples and apply Gracilis on top.

Gracilis is a medium rose with a trace of mauve. No peach, no brown. This color is advertised as being best for cool, pale skin tones, and I agree. Although I have owned similarly-colored blushes in the past, their texture was not as smooth and creamy, and they sat on top of my skin or collected in my pores. Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin blush is well named--it becomes one with my skin and looks like the color is coming from within naturally. It contains no obvious shimmer, but leaves a subtle glow. The color lasts all day on me.

Colors applied very heavily to get them to show up. My camera did not quite capture the glowy finish

Bottom line: Love. RBR blushes are among the best powder blushes I have ever used.

All photos mine.

14 comments:

  1. These sound like holy grail products to me! Great review, both shades are gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review :) I use both these shades a lot, I am tempted to try one of the more brighter shades as well as I have seen a lot of raves for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how much longer I can hold out on ordering some RBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage, they are holy grail! Best I have ever used.

    Replica, thanks. I am also tempted by some of the brighter shades

    Doc, about as long as you held out with Edward Bess, heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Rouge Bunny Rouge blushes are really great, I haver Gracilis now on my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously need Gracilis! Delicata is definitely an unusual one. I had to laugh at you initial reaction to it, I do understand what you mean as it's possibly not the prettiest colour. Rather than it playing much of a role as a colour, it acts to contour my face. I can easily see how you've had use from it as a bronzer.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these look so great in your swatch. I have long wanted to order something from RBR. One of these days I am going to splurge and will add these blushes to my list :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crap this bunny hop dance between all these blogs is getting to me, I might have to put in an order....someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these RBR posts are wearing me down. ;) I think it is time to put in another order to Zuneta. I love the look of Gracilis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so impressed with Starina that I know I need to try more and Gracilis is top on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Gracilis; great cool toned blush yet it looks natural on me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi
    You know I'm smitten with Gracilis. I didn't even feel an urge to have Delicata. Thanks Zuzu I love you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gracilis looks very pretty in your swatch. I still haven't ordered anything from RBR yet, mainly because I really can't decide on what to buy from the brand first. There are so many beautiful products and colours to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  14. delicata looks lovely! I love a bronzy cheek though :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.