Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Hues of Enchantment Colourburst Lipstick in Got Rid of the Man 022


Today's review is on Rouge Bunny Rouge's Lipstick in Got Rid of the Man 022 ($34 / 3.8 grams). Rouge Bunny Rouge is a hard-to-find brand, introduced in a previous post and currently sold only at zuneta.com. Rouge Bunny Rouge (RBR) offers rich, beautiful colors with outstanding textures in adorable packaging, and their web site is completely charming.

Got Rid of the Man is described as a deep burgundy maroon.

Photo credit rougebunnyrouge.com

Given that US residents must buy RBR products sight unseen, based on reviews and swatches, I appreciate that (unlike many other brands), Rouge Bunny Rouge does an excellent job in terms of color descriptions. They really get it right, especially when describing subtle nuances in color.


Got Rid of the Man is deeply pigmented, with full coverage in a single swipe, so this is not  subtle red. It applies creamy and settles down to a satin finish. The fact that this lipstick is toned down a tiny bit with brown could give it wider appeal. Those who work in conservative industries, for example, could wear this color to work, as it's easy to blot down to a stain. Of course, if you work in a creative field or in an industry where you can sport The Power Mouth, lucky you! This lipstick will deliver.

I like to dab Got Rid of the Man on the center of my bottom lip and blend it out with a fingertip; this type of application gives me a more plummy-red stain.


Below is the same lipstick swatched on white paper so you can look for undertones. I hope the brown and plum come through in the below photo. The weather (light) has been terrible for taking pictures.


Of the four Rouge Bunny Rouge lipsticks I recently purchased, Got Rid of the Man is the one I reach for the least, not because it isn't beautiful (it is) but because it's Spring, very near Summer, and I want something lighter and brighter. Of course, by the time August approaches, I know I will be looking for this again. I have a sentimental soft spot for red lipstick.

The only red in my lipstick collection that comes close in color is Laura Mercier Bing Cherry, which has a slightly higher chroma.


Rouge Bunny Rouge's Colorburst Lipsticks are among the best I have tried. They texture is cushiony and gel like, smooth and hydrating. The formula is enriched with Vitamin E and glides on like softened butter, but the pigment does NOT smear all over your face. They have some traction, but they do not dry my lips after a long day. A single application, gently blotted, lasts 4-6 hours before it begins to fade.

In the following photo, I am wearing nothing but GRoTM (no primer or lip pencil).

Rocky Horror lips


I did not mean to post such an awful sneer, but it was the single photo out of dozens that showed the color most true. Does the image of my downturned mouth remind you of anything?

Let's do the time warp again!
imdb.com

I had completely forgotten that Joan Collins was in The Rocky Horror Picture Show
imdb.com

Off topic, you say? Don't be so sure. If you recall, Dr. Frank-n-Furter got rid of the man, too.

All of the Rouge Bunny Rouge lipstick formulations are suffused with botanical extracts, such as orchid flower, meadowfoam, Manoi butter or Inca Inchi oil. I have no idea what any of those are, but they feel good. The Colorburst Lipstick delivers a fleeting fragrance of warm spices like clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg, as well as vanilla. Mmm gingerbread men. Bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet.

Bottom line: Beautiful red, comfortable enough to wear all day. Tim Curry-approved™.

Check out London Makeup Girl's review and KarlaSugar's swatches.If I missed anyone else's review on this color, please comment and add a link so we can find you!

I bought Got Rid of the Man from Zuneta.com.

Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Polybutene, Hydrogenated C6-20 Polyolefin, Diisostearyl Melate, Mica, Cera Microcristallina, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Hexyldecanol, Parfum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phoenix Dactylifera, Dicalcium Phosphate, Limonene, Eugenol, Citral. (+/-): CI  77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 75470, CI 15850, CI 73360, CI 45410, CI 19140, CI 15985, CI 42090, CI 45380.


All photos mine except where noted in caption.

9 comments:

  1. LOL this post just made me giggle!

    I think it look great on you. Thanks for mentioning that the lipstick doesn't move around. I hate lipsticks with too much slip. Maybe I'll try on first to mke sure I like the formula before going overboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my post!

    Your post is so funny, love the way you write. you're so lucky to have such lovely porcelain skin tone. The lipstick looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PP, Chantecaille Lip Chic used to be my favorite for their lovely texture, but they migrated something fierce! So I was pretty happy that the RBR lipsticks are staying in place.

    Penelope, thanks for visiting my blog. I am actually jealous of your skin. It is so smooth and even and is the perfect canvas for your lovely blush collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- you always make me laugh. As usual, that color is beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he he.... Tim Curry! OMG!

    That color is really beautiful on you. You will have to stop this RBR madness soon! I'm going to be eating ramen every meal! lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. MM I'm considering ramen and coffee as well because all this RBR is eating me up inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *throws toast* I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love RBR's packaging! This lipstick is such a gorgeous color, and LOL at the lip pose comparison.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.