Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick in Murmurings

In my recent Maiden Voyage into Rouge Bunny Rougeland, I purchased four lipsticks, three of which I have already reviewed (Whim of Mine, Word of Mouth, and Got Rid of the Man). Three are fully-pigmented "Colorburst" lipsticks, while Murmurings (£22.00/3.8 g) is in RBR's Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick formulation.

I instantly knew I had to own Murmurings after reading an Modesty Brown's excellent review.

Described as wet effect, sheer, cool damson - Like having just eaten a bowl of cherries, I say maybe. I definitely see the cool plum, but when I think of cherries, I think of red. This lipstick isn't red, not on me, anyway.



Overall, I prefer red lipstick, but this color is not at all outside my comfort zone. I don't particularly care for pink, but if I'm not wearing red, I'll choose mid-toned roses and plums, and this color is perfect. Even better is the texture: sheer, silky, and cushiony without feeling stiff or tacky—and without leaving gloopy stalagtites and stalagmites in the corners.


Natural indirect light

Rouge Bunny Rouge's sheer formulation does not dry my lips, smear, or migrate outside the vermilion border. Color lasts about an hour, but that might be a perception thing. The color is nearly identical to my lip pigment, so I suspect what wears off is that slick, moist feeling. If your lips are less pigmented, the color might last longer on you. It wears away evenly, rather than that horrid center-outward fading some lipsticks do.


Swatched on white paper

Surprisingly, Murmurings is not as vibrant on my lips as I thought it would be. It is a cool, shiny, sheer MLLB shade. At first I felt moderately disappointed, but the more I use it, the more I like it. It is a go-anywhere, don't-have-to-think (or use a mirror) lip product. It does make my lips look rather juicy.



I have a thin upper lip and slightly down-turned corners, and this lipstick gives me a lifting youthful poutiness. Thus, there's nothing bad I can say about this sheer lipstick/lip gloss hybrid.

Bottom line:  Yes.

All photos mine

15 comments:

  1. That last pic of your lips looked lovely! What a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really shouldn't have looked at this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, thank you!

    Veuve, I know. I was thinking of sending BlackCat the link, but then I thought that would be mean, since I don't have £100 in my wish list. Hard to believe, but it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be losing my RBR virginity very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful color and one I will have to think on as it's about as far into *red* as I can go. Another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. emh so unique model for the lipstick..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I agree...I'm ready to kiss those lips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those lips are magnifique! I love this colour and it lives in my handbag. I'm glad it's grown on you despite the initial disappointment. I was really surprised by how much I like this colour, I'm usually a full opaque coverage kind of gal but on me, this one definitely adds colour.

    Price wise, I think in pounds, for us RBR and Edward Bess are the same.....actually, I just checked and the RBR are £21 whereas the Edward Bess are £24. Interesting stuff!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. productdoctor, yah! Another one bits the dust.

    Jeanie, thanks. This color is really sheer on me, but you might want to ask Jane how pigmented she thinks it is.

    Ammie, buaa haa haaaa.

    Vint, yes it does!

    PP, smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane, I wore it all day today at a mass shopping marathon at Ikea, and it has grown on me even more. I think it is now my favorite out of the 4 RBR lipsticks I bought. It feels so good on my lips, and my husband says I smell like gingerbread.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful colour, I wanted this after reading Jane's review as well :) RBR have so many great, easy to wear everyday lip colours, thanks for the great review and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is my favourite shade out of all the RBR lipsticks you've posted swatches of recently. It's such a pretty colour and it looks gorgeous on your lips! The formulation sounds really lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a good compromise - gorgeous plum but sheer. I think I would have been disappointed initially, just like you, but this shade certainly looks lovely on you. Any juicier and I would have thought it was a lipgloss! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.