Friday, September 16, 2011

Jane Iredale PureMoist LipColour in Brett

Jane Iredale PureMoist LipsColour in Brett ($20) at 3.4g is a beautiful color, a sheer neutral-warm strawberry that feels like lip treatment. It has an SPF of 18. At a Jane Iredale counter many years ago, Brett was positioned as the perfect daytime color, one of their best sellers, and I could see why--it goes with everything and feels incredible on my lips. Since that day, I have repurchased Brett at least 3 times. That is more than I can say for just about every other lipstick I have ever owned, with the exception of the long-discontinued Prescriptives Rosemarine.

The texture of the PureMoist formula is soft and silky. Each lipstick contains antioxidants and liposomes to lock in moisture, color, and provides good staying power. There are at least 25 shades that range from matte to shimmer. Brett is shiny, sheer, and buildable--from a MLLB shade to a deep berry.

Jane Iredale lipsticks contain no FD&C dyes or synthetic preservatives (ingredient list at the bottom of the post), and they are very lightly scented; sometimes I smell vanilla and sometimes I smell mint, but the fragrance is fleeting, and it's more a sensation than a scent. The mint makes my lips tingle for several seconds.

NOT a new lipstick. This one is half used, which is why it looks a bit scruffy
The case is has a brushed-gold appearance, weighs about the same as a Bobbi Brown lipstick or a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine, and its lid snaps closed with a satisfying click.


I forgot to swatch Brett on my hand on its own, but I can show the swatch I added to some of the Jane Iredale eyeshadows I own (review coming up in a future post).



Bottom line: One of my few repeaters.

INGREDIENTS: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Jojobate, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Jojoba Esters, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Vanillin, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Bisabolol. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850)(Aka 202)

Photo credits: janeiredale.com and items from my own collection

9 comments:

  1. Yes! My new favourite! I like Brett's "buildability", but it's also great to slick on right out of the tube for subtle polish.

    Looking forward to your JI shadow reviews, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mega pretty! I've wanted to try Jane Iredale lippies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect shade for me, and- OMG!!!- those shadows are so gorgeous! Yep- another taupe addict! Looking forward to the reviews of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh... awfully tempted but I've recently put myself on a lippie ban. It sounds like a dream lipstick. I don't think I've ever purchased the same lipstick 4 times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage, you should try. JI is a cruelty-free brand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, I will be doing the eyeshadow review very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz, I think this is the ONLY lipstick I have bought more than twice and actually used up. The only other one I can remember were by Prescriptives (Rosemarine, long discontinued and Rose Mystique). The fact that I am on my 4th tube says a lot because I AM F I C K L E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I love this. Thanks for sharing and posting!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.