Monday, October 24, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Kiss Elixir Lip Balm


Rouge Bunny Rouge Kiss Elixir (around $24 at the current exchange rate) is a full-bodied gel that glides on smoothly and sinks into my lips, imparting a glossy shine without shimmer.

Kiss Elixir, which contains Vitamin E, avocado, macadamia, and jojoba oils, provides immediate moisture and relief from tightness and dryness. Used consistently, it smooths away chapped, flaky skin, especially if I occasionally use a toothbrush head to exfoliate the surface of my lips. For those of you who are scent sensitive, there is a subtle, fleeting taste of honeyed mint. It is very natural, even pleasant, and not cloying in the slightest. Absolutely no gloppy, oily, petroleum-based taste and texture so common among squeeze-tube lip balms.

Many lip treatments actually dry my lips over time, so I tested the Kiss Elixir exclusively the last several weeks. Now that it is nearly gone, I will replenish it. This balm provides a cushioned barrier, without water, and leaves my lips incredibly smooth and soft. The absence of water is particularly important this time of year because water, which is common in most lip balms, can be as dehydrating as a chronic lip-licking habit.


Even though this balm appears golden, it applies sheer and translucent. My coloring cannot handle any warmth in my makeup products, and if you are also cool toned, I would not worry about the color. I suspect it comes from the extracted nut oils.


Bottom line: Pricey for the amount (6ml/.2 fl oz) but an incredibly luxe balm that doubles as clear lip gloss.

Given our single source for buying Rouge Bunny Rouge products, I was happy to learn recently that Zuneta has new (reduced) shipping policies: Orders within the UK ship for free, and orders shipping to the U.S. are approximately $7.98 for Economy Mail (7-10 days). Previously, shipping here was a prohibitive $28, so this is good news.

All photos mine
This product was provided for my consideration

5 comments:

  1. That sounds great, thanks for the review as I had been wondering about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty pricy compared to my normal balms but I may give it a go if it goes on sale or I have some spare cash. Coming into winter, I suffer from terribly chapped lips if I don’t exfoliate and moisturise them regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite pricey, but it is something I'd love to have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have tagged you and would be incredibly happy if you'd participate!
    http://delicatehummingbird.blogspot.com/2011/10/tag-i-eyeshadow-palettes.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have and like this. I'd rebuy.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.