Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Becca Fine Pressed Powder - Bisque


Becca Cosmetics Fine Pressed Powder ($42) is packaged in a flip-top, rubberized compact with a full-sized mirror. Unlike most compacts, this one comes with a plush, zippered case that holds both the compact and the puff. It feels like nylon, and it's brown, just like all of Becca packaging.(10g/0.35 oz.)

I purchased the color Bisque, which Becca recommends for light to fair complexions with pink undertones. Although the powder is slightly tinted, it is sheer and applies that way, but maybe that's because my skin is already rather pink. If you have yellow undertones, this might actually appear pink on the skin. This powder is not intended to be a foundation powder.


I tried to get a picture of the "color" swatched on the back of my hand, but Bisque is such an excellent match for my skin tone, it disappeared and refused to be captured on film.

The texture is very finely (micro) milled and contains modified rice starch, even though talc is the first ingredient listed. Upon first application, it appears matte, but within the hour, it behaves like a mineral powder where it conceals excess shine but still allows my natural glow to come through, so it's not mattifying (deadening) to the skin, which can be terribly aging. I found that I could apply it as often as I needed to, and it did not appear cakey, nor did it make my skin itch.

I roll and press carefully with a velour puff and then I flick off any excess with a big fluffy brush. I never apply face powder with a brush unless I am using the sides of the bristles to push the color into my pores or I am using a flat-topped kabuki.

Becca Fine Pressed Powder - Bisque is available in the following colors:
  • Eggshell: yellow/very fair to fair
  • Bisque: pink/very fair to fair
  • Sesame: yellow/fair to medium
  • Ginger: pink/medium
  • Wheat: yellow/light tan
  • Mocha: neutral/tan
  • Spice: yellow/tan
  • Cardamom: neutral/golden to dark brown
  • Clove: neutral/warm brown
  • Carob: neutral-warm/deep brown chocolate
  • Nutmeg: neutral/deep brown chocolate
  • Cocoa: neutral/dark bronze
Something for everyone, for sure.

Bottom line: Excellent pressed powder for touch-ups during the day.

Ingredients: Talc, dimethyl imazolidinone, mica, silica, aqua, magnesium myristate, propylene glycol, octyldodecanol, isopropyl myristate, glyceryl stearate, peg-150, quaternium-26, ricinus communis, glyceryl ricinoleate, carnauba, candelilla cera, cera microcristallina, cetyl alcohol, cera alba, paraffinum liquidum, cetearyl alcohol, sodium cetearyl sulfate, stearic acid, tetrahydroxypropyl, ethylenediamine, methylparaben, methylidbromo, glutaronitrile, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.

8 comments:

  1. That sounds really good and I think that shade would work for me, I need to get a new pressed powder soon so it might well be that one, thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was curious about this powder. In fact, I'm curious about many powders.
    I'm always interested in finishing powders that are not mattifying, and now I know this is not what I look for.
    Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shade looks really nice for lighter skins! :) It sounds exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps it's a good thing Becca isn't easily found in Canada. I always want everything Becca that's featured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Becca bronzer that I love, now I want to try everything Becca makes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's not a lot to say about a translucent powder, but this one is divine. My first experience with Bisque was when I received a sample of the loose powder in a tiny pot. I could not believe how silky it was.

    The little pouch to carry this compact in is such a nice extra.

    Vinty, Becca is known for carrying a vast array of products for all skin colors.

    Liz, doesn't dermstore.com ship to Canada? *evil*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so dying to try some Becca products - this sounds fabulous!

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.