Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ellis Faas Glazed Lips L307


I dislike lip gloss, but the Ellis Faas Glazed Lips ($35) formula feels more like a liquid lipstick that has plenty of shine. Advertised as providing an "ultra-wet, long-lasting burst of color," the finish still lets my own lip pigment shine through. I definitely found that level of shine in L309 (clear) from the Summer Set (also sold individually), and also with L302, which is an outright brown pigment that I occasionally use to tone down too-cool lipsticks. L303 (a deep rose) is, without doubt, one of my favorite lip products of all time. This review, however, is on the color known only as L307, whose color appears as melon, like a splash of fresh cantaloupe-watermelon juice on the lips warmed by the sun.

As with the other Ellis Faas brush dispensers (described and shown here), you just click to load the pen and apply straight to the lips using the attached brush. Color stays put for a few hours, and it fades evenly. While the more deeply pigmented colors, like L303 leave behind a stain, L307 did not stain on my lips. It also did not feather or smear or migrate. 

Glazed Lips are unscented and contain plant seed oils, Vitamins E and C, and omega fatty acids. The texture is gorgeous silky goodness, never sticky or goopy, though your hair will stick if the wind blows it across your mouth. It's just the nature of the beast.




Bottom line: Glazed Lips have quickly become my favorite of the three formulas, and best of all, Ellis Faas lip and eye products are now sold at sephora.com.

All pictures mine

7 comments:

  1. This looks lovely!
    I've tried a Milky Lips and loved that-next time I will try glazed lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the different formulas in stages, starting, of course, with Ellis Red in the Creamy finish. Milky Lips became my favorite, and I thought I wouldn't care for the texture and finish of Glazed, but I was wrong!

      Delete
  2. Glazed have become my favourite EF formula too -- I find them surprisingly pigmented and the shade range a little easier to wear (less uncompromisingly er...'human')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, I know what you mean about the human colors. In her design aesthetic, human color is very warm and muted, but my coloring is cool and more clear. So I would keel over with happiness if she came out with more rose and plum and mauve-based shades. Right now, much of the line is too brown- and yellow-based for me. Murky. Sludgy. E107 is about the only eyeshadow that works, and just barely, so I would do cartwheels if she released a grey and a smoky plum eyeshadow in the Creamy Eyes formula, and I'd be super excited if a clear rose and/or red blush were available!

      Delete
  3. I didn't like the Milky Lips pen that I bought (actually, I think I hated it, haha), and I'm still torn about it, since everyone else seems to love them! If I do try Ellis Faas again, I think I will go with a Glazed pen. This looks like a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larie, I just checked your blog to see which color you'd purchased. What a disappointment L202 must have been--it looks like barbecue sauce! I see you were looking for a rose (and I agree the Sephora swatches are way off). I hope you were able to return it, and if you ever decide to dip your toes into the EF waters again, I highly recommend L303. It's the Glazed formula, so it's moist and creamy and glossy, and the color is a cool berry. It's one of my favs ever. It does have slight brown undertones, but if your lips are at all pigmented, 303 might look like juicy berries on you!

    This one (L307) did not look good on me. My coloring is very cool, and this was too warm and light for my mauve lips. Pretty in the pen, not on me.

    BTW, I have to go back and see if your blog is accepting comments (wasn't available the other day) and I was swooning over that violet lip gloss. And I don't even like gloss! *understatement*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, sorry about that - I think Disqus has been acting funny lately. It seems to be running properly again now, though!

      And thanks for the recommendation! I was able to return L202, thankfully. This one does seem a bit too warm for me, too, but it's hard for me to find the right peach for exactly that reason. I remember liking L303 when you reviewed it, but it does really seem to be like all of the Ellis Faas colors run warm/brown.

      Delete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.