Monday, January 2, 2012

My First New Year Fail

I got up earlier than I would have liked, feeling a bit blue about the end of my Christmas vacation. I dressed for work, did my hair, put on my makeup, prepared and packed a healthy lunch, drove to work in very light traffic, and walked into a pitch black office building at 8:40 AM.

I sat around for a half hour, all by myself, going through my mail, starting to feel a bit creeped out, when it dawned on me that today just might be a company holiday. *cue big eye roll*

So now I am back at home, happy with the gift of another free day, planning next spring's gardening tasks (landscaping) and curb appeal improvements (hardscaping).


Have any of you ever showed up for work only to discover you had the day off?

Photo credit: http://www.hgtv.com/topics/hardscaping/index.html

10 comments:

  1. I am sorry but I had to laugh. Just be aware I am laughing with you, not at you! I guess The Adjustment Bureau forgot about you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, actually it's my manager's fault. She had told me before I went on vacation that we did *not* have today off.

    I had a good laugh, too. In fact, I practically cackled with glee the entire way home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! omg i hatee when that happens sorta!! it happened at school when i went to class to find out it was cancelled and i hadn't checked my email that morning -__-". it sorta happened at work when i went to the office and it was totally empty and i checked my voicemail to realize that it was staff meeting day and i had no idea where they were having the meeting T_T but at least you can enjoy your day today :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG THAT SUCKS!! I know of someone else that did that today too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, at least it's a good kind of mistake - you get the day off now! Better than forgetting to show up to work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad to say that has never happened to me! Id be annoyed though, losing precious sleep time like that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never done that, but enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, that's hilarious. no, never had that happen to me bc i was always searching for a reason to have a day off when i worked a 9-5 job!! you just made me smile with this post. glad i found you!!
    check my makeup blog if you get a chance, i'm a mommy with a makeup problem;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, Zuzu - can't believe you did that!

    I showed up for work 2 hours earlier than usual once because my clock was messed up. I was so pissed off because I had to wait around for regular work hours to begin!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.