Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dissolved in Dreams - Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick


Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew ($33) Sheer Lipstick formula has become a personal favorite. This pictorial review is about Dissolved in Dreams, which is described as shiny, sheer watermelon with a silver shimmer.


Hannibal says the red goes with his grey fur

The description is very good. I can add no better adjectives. I was hoping that Dissolved in Dreams would be cooler, but to be fair, the flesh of juicy fresh watermelon fruit is a sheer, warm-leaning coral-red shade.

This red is Mr. Wenskins approved™

The shimmer in Dissolved in Dreams is more subtle than the metallic gleam in Tongue Tickles, and the texture is completely smooth on the lips, not gritty the way some shimmery lipsticks can feel. I hope the below skin swatch captures some of the shimmer in the sun.


The obligatory swatch on white paper to eliminate undertones:

Wowzers! That's a totally swoon-worthy red I can get behind.

Unfortunately, as gorgeous as it Dissolved in Dreams is on my skin and on paper, and make no mistake, this is one stunning color, it does not translate with the same beauty on my lips. It just sort of sits there, but I can see lotsof you loving this lipstick, especially if your lips are paler than mine.


I now own Murmurings and Tongue Tickles, along with this newest addition. Here are the three of them compared.



Bottom line: Another tube of sheer, smacking sauciness from Rouge Bunny Rouge.

INGREDIENTS: Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Microcristallina, Mica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Tocopheryl Acetate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Propylparaben, Parfum, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower, Tocopherol, Humulus Lupulus Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atecollagen, Limonene, Eugenol, Citral. (+/-): CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 75470, CI 15850, CI 73360, CI 45410, CI 19140, CI 15985, CI 42090, CI 45380.


All photos mine except the first one, which comes from RBR Facebook page--with my edits.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If only it were a bit less orange on me. I am sure this would be a cool color on others.

      Delete
  2. I loved the formula of Murmurings but the color just wasn't right. I hope they add a few deeper, cooler shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Murmurings is too muted for me. I'd love a cool clear plum or deep sheer rose.

      Delete
  3. How could I resist a shade that's kitty-approved? This is one of the next lipsticks I'm ordering from RBR- I'm already in love with the ones that I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they wonderful?

      As for Mr. Wenskins, although he approves, and it appears as though he is getting a good snortful of Dissolved in Dreams, that's macro lens trickery. He did NOT get the chance to try it on. :^) I think they are curious about the smell of these lipsticks, which is spicy, like cloves.

      Delete
  4. Haha-I love how your pics include the pets' noses! Too cute! I need to try one of these someday. Someday! I do like this one though-I think I can wear this one. Some warm reds are ok on me, but my lips are pretty pigmented though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, Did your RBR order come in? I have been swamped with work the last 10 days and haven't made the blog rounds in at least a week. I hope to catch up tomorrow.

      As for my pets ... my pics follow the best light, and since that's usually indirect sun, you can bet I'll find at least one cat in that space. I used to chase them off, and I'd delete all the pictures of curious cats sniffing at product, but when some of my bets shots included the pussies, I gave in. :^)

      Delete
    2. It did! I just posted about on of my RBR new loves!
      Haha-I sometimes feel left out being a beauty blogger with no cats!

      Delete
  5. I love this shade! On me it seems very "summery" so I can't wait for the nicer weather to wear it more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd never even heard of RBR until recently, but seeing some of those shades of their lipstick makes me seriously consider investing in one! What is the wear like?


    Devon xx
    www.eightforawish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Devon, from this sheer line ('Succulence of Dew'), the color lasts about as long as I'd expect from any sheer lipstick, which is about 2 hours if I am not eating or drinking. From RBR's Colorburst line, the color lasts about twice as long. They texture is so lovely, and if you prefer warmer and lighter colors, this line is for you!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.