Thursday, February 16, 2012

Master Class at Nigel’s Beauty Emporium featuring ELLIS FAAS Cosmetics

I recently learned that Nigel’s Beauty Emporium in North Hollywood will hold a special master class a week from this coming Saturday featuring ELLIS FAAS cosmetics.

Unfortunately, I missed the Ellis event in NYC this past October because I was away, and I have never been to a class at Nigel's because I live on the opposite coast, but if you can get there, please GO and then write about it!

The class will be taught by makeup artist, Carly Cowan, using Ellis Faas cosmetic line. See details about the event at the bottom of this post.

Ellis Faas



About Ellis
If you don't yet know who Ellis Faas is, you are missing out on something very special. Born in the Netherlands, Ellis was trained as a photographer who got her first big break when she was discovered by Mario Testino. She has now been a makeup artist for 25 years, and Paris Vogue has called Ellis Faas "One of the most influential makeup artists of her time." It isn't difficult to see what they mean. Besides Testino, she has worked with other fashion industry giants like Karl Lagerfeld. She has consulted for L'Oréal, Lancôme, MAC, and Clinique. Her eponymous makeup line, which is both famous and infamous for it's stunning, architectural packaging, has become extremely popular, especially among beauty bloggers, for it's infinitely flattering, human colors. She also practically brought back red lipstick after introducing her three variable ELLIS RED shades.

If you want to read some reviews with photos and swatches, click my Ellis Faas label. See also The Non-blonde and Witoxicity blogs, both of whom are huge Ellis Faas makeup fans.

ELLIS Red: So gorgeous I could just weep

Meanwhile, here's a short Ellis Faas interview for you to enjoy, where Ellis discusses her makeup philosophy and describes how her makeup line came to be.


Details of the event
If you live in or around the LA area and would like to attend this master class, here's all the info you need:

Location: Nigel's Beauty Emporium
Date: Saturday, February 25, 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Cost: $50 reservation fee (reimbursable in ELLIS FAAS product at the end of class/no discounts apply)
Contact: Nigel Beauty Emporium to register. Space is limited!

Keep up with Ellis Faas products:

Web site: www.ellisfaas.com
YouTube: Ellis Faas channel
Facebook: ELLIS FAAS Cosmetics
Twitter: @ELLISFAAS
Note: Ellis Faas lip and eye products are now also available at sephora.com.


6 comments:

  1. Yay! I just signed up - I'm particularly excited because I was just checking out the winter set online and wondering if those shades would work for me. Now I can check them out in person. Fyi: this place is in North Hollywood, not West Hollywood. An entirely different part of town. But thanks so much for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, lucky you! And thanks for the clarification on the address; I corrected the post. I hope you find something you love. ♥

      Delete
  2. I would really, really love it if some of these lines would do events in Atlanta. This is, after all, one of the major southern cities, and we do have a ton of money down here! But alas, events are always in LA or NYC. Bummer for me. I just got invited to a Bergdorf's event in NYC and had to send regrets due to location-it nearly killed me.

    Okay, whining aside, I would adore a class on Ellis Faas, as I love the eye shadow but can't for the life of me get it onto my lids correctly. I've used every method in my repertoire (which is considerable) and I still can't get it even or blended. I know others have managed to get the method down, but I just can't figure it out. In the meantime, I have a lovely shade (E204) just sitting in my drawer waiting for me to get a clue. Sad, sad times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shan, that's disappointing. I don't have issues with the eyeshadow, but I pretty much use my fingers for all of it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting this - it's local to me! But, do you need to be a PRO or a Makeup Artist to signup/attend? Can you just be a makeup enthusiast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I am almost positive anyone can go to this event. I received the e-mail from Thijs Faas, who thought readers of my blog might be interested, and since most readers of EDB are not makeup artists ... well. :^)

      If the event were close to me, you can bet I'd sign up! I use many EF products, but I haven't gotten very creative with mixing them, so I would be thrilled to have Carly create some of the looks from the Ellis Faas web site on me. If you go, I'd love to hear about it after!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.