Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Sheer Lipstick - Succulence of Dew in Tongue Tickles


Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew ($33) Sheer Lipstick formula is very quite nice, though I had only tried it in one color--Murmurings (see that review for all the adjectives). I've been curious about trying some of the other cool-based colors, so I ordered two more. This pictorial review is about Tongue Tickles, described as shiny, pale, carnation-pink with a white shimmer.

I find that to be an excellent description, maybe even a little more complex than that. Indoors, it looks a bit unexciting in the tube.

Tongue Tickles, natural daylight, no flash

But when the sun hits it, Tongue Tickles becomes a knee-buckling, visual explosion of shimmery goodness. I see medium pink with delicate coral undertones and a gorgeous, almost liquid, metallic finish. Despite a high shimmer finish, there there are no sparkles or glitter, and the texture is completely smooth on the lips, not gritty the way some shimmery lipsticks can feel.

Tongue Tickles, indirect sunlight

Tongue Tickles, natural daylight, no flash

The below skin swatch helps capture some of the shimmer. I appreciate that the lipstick formula is sheer, so underlying lip pigment can help transform Tongue Tickles into your prettiest pale pink.

Tongue Tickles, indirect daylight

The obligatory swatch on white paper to eliminate undertones:

Natural daylight, no flash

Tongue Tickles is a pale pink but not in a 60s mod frosty way. Hopefully you can see its icy beauty.

RBR Tongue Tickles

The metallic shimmer reminds me of Chanel's limited edition Glossimer: Star 148. (Note that the number 148 is now being used for Petit Peche--they are not the same.) While Star is much less pink and has undertones of lavender, it's the silvery metallic shimmers that made me think of the similarities between the two. Of course, wearing them together would be overkill, as Tongue Tickles provides metals aplenty.


I have been enjoying the following new Zuneta video, where Zu partnered with Rouge Bunny Rouge to create a "Gentle Nude" look for Valentine's Day. Here the makeup artist applies another one of the Succulence of Dew colors (Perfume of His Gaze) on the model.


Zuneta presents RBR ¬ Sheer Lipstick from Zuneta Beauty on Vimeo.

Bottom line: Another tube of sheer, saintly goodness from the inimitable Rouge Bunny Rouge.

INGREDIENTS: Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Microcristallina, Mica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Tocopheryl Acetate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Propylparaben, Parfum, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower, Tocopherol, Humulus Lupulus Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atecollagen, Limonene, Eugenol, Citral. (+/-): CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 75470, CI 15850, CI 73360, CI 45410, CI 19140, CI 15985, CI 42090, CI 45380.


All photos mine except the first one, which comes from RBR Facebook page--with my edits. Video at end from zuneta.com

12 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty! I wonder whether I could pull that off? I keep meaning to watch the new Zuneta/RBR video. Even more so having read Holger's comments about how he didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MB, I think the color is absolutely right for you, but it would mute your pigmented lips a bit. I wish we could get lipstick samples from Zuneta! Even little blots on paper the way Bergdorf Goodman used to do when Edward Bess was just starting out.

      I didn't see Holger's comment, but I can't imagine not liking that video. To be sure I'll never look like that 20 year old model, but I love the makeup application, the final look, and the video production. There's a full length version of it kicking around on Zuneta, I think. The one I posted is only the lipstick portion. Maybe it's too nude and gentle for Valentine's day, which to me calls for color, certainly something that stands out pink or red. Doesn't make the video less pretty, though. :^)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty!! It looks so pretty and fresh on you!
    Ok, I want to place an order for some RBR. What should I get Zuzu? I need help! I want to keep it under $100 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, boy! I hesitate to make recommendations in case you hate it! What kinds of products are you in the mood for? Just so you know, I can only comment on the items I have purchased, which are all in colors that flatter my skin tone, but we appear to have similar coloring.

      Since you adore blush you might want to consider one of their powder blushes, like Gracilis, which is a cool mauve rose. For eyeshadow, I adore Solstice Halcyon, which is beloved by many, but it's still out of stock, so as a consolation maybe you could go for Delicate Hummingbird. I'd recommend one or both of the two new matte eyeshadows, but I haven't received mine yet, so I can't comment! And maybe SH will be back in stock soon.

      I regularly wear RBR's Colorburst lipstick in Word of Mouth, a cool rose with a touch of warm coral. I also wear Murmurings, which is a sheer plum in their Succulence of Dew range. KarlaSugar swatched most of the lipsticks, and Drivel about Frivol has many eyeshadows swatched on white paper, which is a big help.

      If you do order, don't forget to use ELLE20, for 20% off your order, which takes some of the sting out of the cost and is good through the end Feb. And don't forget to add 3 free samples to your cart, too.

      If you give me some direction, as in which kinds of face things you want most (probably not bronzer ;) I can try to be of more help!

      Squee! To be a RR virgin again.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! I don't want to be RBR virgin anymore! :) And yeah-I am done with bronzer! ;)
      Your recs are great-it gives me some direction because yes we have similar colouring. Have you tried the Raven eyeliner? I was thinking of that as well?

      Delete
    3. I have not tried their liquid liners yet. The only eyeliner I have is the Feline Gaze in Calypso, which is black with blue shimmer. I reviewed it with pics here: http://theeverydaybeauty.blogspot.com/2011/09/rouge-bunny-rouge-feline-gaze-long.html

      Christa reviewed Raven: http://www.perilouslypale.com/2012/01/rouge-bunny-rouge-raven-glaze-lacquer.html

      I've been thinking about it, too, because it's hard to find a liquid eyeliner that doesn't have that weird plasticity finish.

      Delete
    4. Ok thanks! Between you and Christa, I need to try some RBR now! I just can't take it anymore! :)

      Delete
    5. Oh, good, I can't wait to read about the goodies you get.

      Delete
  3. That looks gorgeous! Why will my RBR lemmings never end. They just grow and grow! At least I know I'm never disappointed.

    If your looking for a liquid liner that has a rich finish but isn't plasticky and peely then Raven Glaze will not disappoint. It's a staple for me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christa. I added it to my wish list. We'll see if I can hold out another couple weeks!

      Delete
  4. I started watching Zuneta videos some time a year and a half ago and they're totally responsible for any Rouge Bunny lemmings! But boy am I glad that it's quite out of reach here in Canada. I rarely buy online without sampling first, so while I can admire its beauty on you, I don't feel the need to own it. *small victory*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We take our victories where we can! *pumps fist*

      Delete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.