|Zuzu, her petals, and her family who were blessed with true everyday beauty|
I am also most grateful to my readers. Without you there would be no blog, because there's hardly any point in writing if no one is reading. So thank you for all of your support, comments, and above all, friendship.
I gave up tracking blog statistics many months ago, but out of nostalgia I just reviewed the most-read posts, and I was surprised by some of them.
Here's a recap of what you enjoyed reading:
- Makeup reviews:
- Ellis Faas product summary, including my Ellis Faas natural look and an review on Ellis Faas Milky Lips L201 (Ellis Red), all three of which had nearly an identical number of reads
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector and Luminous Skin Color, which included a Lisa Eldridge video that demonstrated how to use cream highlighter
- Laura Mercier Gel Lip Colour in Sweet Cherry, a color I still wear several times a week and am almost due for a replacement
- Jane Iredale PurePressed foundation, one of the few mineral makeup brands many of us can get behind
- And of course anything Rouge Bunny Rouge, but in particular, Hues of Enchantment Colourburst Lipstick in Got Rid of the Man, perhaps because I brought back the Time Warp
- Skincare posts:
- Articles that were not product reviews, but either opinion pieces or posts with tips or guidance (I don't do tutorials):
- Thoughts about aging
- Choosing a Becca Beach Tint or cream blush
- Seasonal color analysis
- Eyeliner techniques
- End-of-year beauty roundup
- Red blush
- Nude lipstick (yuck) versus a nude/clean eye (yum)
- Cult beauty products
- Love affair with makeup
- Simplifying beauty routine/collections
- Maintaining youthful eyebrows
- What is less and when does just right become too much?
- Makeup products I never leave the house without
- And many of you were curious about where I put my face on
- And the one post with read hits that more than quadrupled the next most-read post: Make Up For Ever High Definition Powder!
Thank you one and all for a great year!