Friday, June 1, 2012

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine 60 Antigone, Swatches, Comparisons


This is, primarily. a pictorial post for my friend, Lola, who wanted a closer look at Chanel Rouge Coco Shine 60 **Antigone.

If you are interested in reading all the flowery adjectives that describe how I feel about this formula, as well as other Rouge Coco Shine colors I own, click the the Rouge Coco Shine label on the right.


In Greek mythology, Antigone was the daughter of Oedipus. Coco Chanel also designed the costumes for Cocteau's play of the same name.  Nothing like good old tweedy woolens to represent a Greek tragedy.


source


Exclusive to Saks, Antigone is (was?) a raspberry red with amber undertones and subtle gold microshimmer. I wish Chanel didn't put gold shimmer in everything, but there it is. In the end, Antigone comes off as a cool-neutral berry lipstick.








Antigone is one of the most pigmented shades in the Rouge Coco Shine formula, but it still wears relatively sheer with just a swipe or two. You can build up the color while maintaining the appearance of lightweight sheerness, but you'll  use up the lipstick more quickly.


Antigone in a single swipe, without lip pencil or gloss


Although in the Roses/Pinks category, along with Chance, Romance, and Boy, Antigone is similar to Unique, which is in the Violets/Berries grouping; however, the red in Antigone makes it just a touch warmer. Antigone is also slightly less sheer than Unique.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Unique and Antigone









I found that Fétiche, Unique, and Antigone make a harmonious color trio.






That's all she wrote!

All photos Copyright Everyday Beauty

13 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!! It is, indeed, gorgeous! I am honored! Thank you so much! xoxo, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention 413 BLKR came today-- right after we talked about how long it was taking!!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at the timestamp, I am impressed with the dedication of your mail carrier. I'm not surprised you have them working round the clock, lol.

      Can't wait to read your review!

      Delete
    2. It actually came via FedEx- which makes you wonder why it took as long as it did!! I'm so excited about it-- I will take pictures today or tomorrow!

      Delete
    3. They probably felt bad that it took them so long to get it out the door so they expedited it! I suspect retail stores aren't as efficient at doing online sales as the warehouses designed to do just that. Try ordering from Vincent Longo some time! You'll wait and wait ...

      Delete
  3. Oh, the three colors look so similar! I think Antigone looks great on your lips. Turns out so much lighter and sweeter than in tube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jyoan; it does apply more sheerly than it would appear, but I can layer it to the intensity I show on the white paper. It's really too bad there aren't more red-based colors in this formula. The others are just Rebelle (orange red) and Monte-Carlo (pink red) I believe.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous rosy red. indeed, some of the Rouge Coco shine area bit too similar, that's why I only have Flirt & Fetiche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I will be more discriminating when it comes time to consider a repurchase. I find that Bonheur, Romance, Fétiche, and Antigone are different enough from one another (as well as from my other RCS lipsticks and other lip brands) to potentially warrant a repurchase ... except that I probably won't be able to get Antigone for much longer.

      Delete
  5. Antigone is my favourite of the Rouge Coco Shines. I find that most of them don't show up terribly well on my lips, but this has a nice amount of pigment while still being quite subtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antigone is the perfect red when you don't want to wear RED. Great for summer.

      Delete

I love reading your comments. If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.