|So there! (source)|
It seems an odd turn of phrase, but I take it to mean: Just say no.
No to excess food, no to lack of sleep, no to putting myself last, no to energy-robbing people, and especially no to clutter, which adds unnecessary stress to my life. Refusing all that detritus attracts peace, calm, joy, balance, and elegance to my life.
On the declutter front, I had a lot of fun depotting eyeshadows a few days ago. In fact, what started as a small topic grew so large I had to break the content into two posts and the tasks into two different days. Thus encouraged, I went forth and depotted some more.
|More UNII fun|
This time I tore apart my like-new NARS Douceurs de Paris palette, wholly because there are two colors I will never ever wear and it bugged me to see them every time I opened the compact. I was quite pleased that I managed to save the palette without it warping or belching noxious fumes like a flamethrower. As you can see, it remained in pristine condition ... except it still held those two horrorshows winking up at me, so into the bin it went, minus the four good ones.
|Excuse the mortgage statement. It seemed like a good place to dump the freshly-depotted, hot, gluey pans|
That went well.
I then decided to depot my Laura Mercier eyeshadow in Deep Night, which I use often as eyeliner (thanks, Dain!). Even though LM pans pop out, they are still encased in plastic and do not lay completely flat, so I warmed up that sucker and pulled out the pan.
If you read Monday's post, you might notice that the white UNII palette above left looks different already. That's because I reorganized the contents and filled it with my everyday items, sliding the slightly less-often used items into my purple UNII palette. And that is the beauty of these palettes. They are extremely portable and customizable.
As it turns out, I am not all that adventurous with makeup, but you already knew that. All I need is:
- A perfectly matched foundation: Jane Iredale PurePressed Foundation Ivory.
- Adequate brow coverage: Clinique Brow Shaper Shaping Charcoaled (using since mid 80s)
- A glowy, bright-pink blush: My favorite blush is NARS Gaiety, but Three Custom Colors Think Pink is quite close, and it's smaller. Plus, I don't yet want to depot Gaiety.
- The perfect lid color: Chantecaille Agate.
- An allover eyeshadow base: Prescriptives Rose Powder.
- A dark, matte shadow for softening eyeliner: NARS Demon Lover (from the Douceurs de Paris palette).
- A multi-purpose highlighter for eyes and cheeks: NARS Himalayas (also from the Douceurs de Paris palette)
- And, of course, lipstick and mascara, but they don't fit in the UNII.
Below is a peek at the UNII palette I assembled today. I use everything in this pan at least once a week, and now opening two palettes beats having to open 10 or more separate compacts to find the right color, though to be fair, I can quickly identify my foundation and blush.
That was fun, painless, and I might do something crazy like depot Chanel next. Should I?