Friday, August 24, 2012

BLOG SALE: Please be Patient!

I know many of you are wondering if I fell off the face of the earth. I'd actually like to fall into a deep fishbowl of wine, but that will have to wait. I am working my way forward in Gmail from message #1, so even if you haven't heard from me or received an invoice, it is still—and always will be—first come/first served. You will hear from me, whether it's great news or not so great news.

The reason I seem AWOL is because 378 emails poured in the first hour of the sale, and every time I sent an invoice another request came in, so I was treading water for many hours.I am now down to only 144 messages (gaaa), and since it's after work for most of the US, I don't see things slowing down any time soon. In fact, things will likely pick up again.

So please rest assured that I am working my way through the requests, but I probably won't be able to give you a confirmation until I get to your email, and I almost surely won't be able to answer personal emails. Hopefully you will either receive an invoice from me in the next 24 hours or so (assuming the ingress slows down) or you'll be hearing from me via email to notify you what products in your request list are still available. And at some point I am going to have to sleep. And feed the cats. And stuff.

Thank you all so much! This has turned out better than expected, and my charity is going to be so incredibly happy, but there's only me to handle all of these requests. I want to avoid making mistakes, so I am being as methodical as I can, and that takes time.

If you have an urgent request or want to add something to an invoice or cancel an invoice and put the items back into circulation, your best bet is to comment on this post.

OK, back to blog-work I go. :)

9 comments:

  1. Stopping in to give you these:
    1) * GIANT Boo-Boo hug *
    2) 1 cup of hot tea (or iced, your choice)
    3) a reminder that you should still enjoy your weekend, the blog Sale can wait a little longer
    4) my apology: I'm sorry I sent you three emails. I was sorta still asleep when I skimmed through the sale & rattled that my computer was acting up.
    5) * GIANT Boo-Boo hug * (I couldn't resist. I bet you're a good hugger.)

    To everyone else:
    I apologize for giving Zu a comment to approve, and this holding her back from approving your purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Boo! I'm sending a huge hug to you, Zu-- I'm assuming that all of the emails from this sale are having you needing a cocktail about now!!!!! I cannot believe how colossal this blog sale was!! I do hope that you got some time to rest and relax this weekend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cocktails! Not yet. The last thing I need is anything muddling my brain such that I accidentally switch Bobbi Brown Nectar blush with Bobbi Brown Nectar lipstick. We women take our makeup seriously, and shipping prices are no joke. I almost fainted when I saw what flat rate costs overseas. I lost some would-be customers over that, and I can't say I blame them.

      To help myself relax in a more brainy manner, DH and I watched the last episode of Sherlock, the BBC series set in present day. If you haven't seen it, I highly HIGHLY recommend it. Benedict Cumberbatch (most awesome name ever) is the perfect Sherlock.

      Thank you both for the support.; it means a lot! I felt terrible for all the hopeful buyers yesterday, who had to wait literally hours for me to get to them. Overall, I think it went well, and let's just say next time I will plan smaller sales sprinkled throughout the year.

      Delete
    2. I can imagine what chaos alcohol could be to your systematic approach to this HUGE sale! You inspired me to sort through my stash-- because there are so many things that I don't use. I was surprised that you got rid of so many Hakuhodo brushes (and your Suqqu brushes too)-- what prompted that?

      I have wanted to see the BBC's Sherlock, but still haven't. I hope that they play repeats soon!! Benedict Cumberbatch is an AWESOME name!!!

      I hope that you are able to get some rest today!! I can only imagine how much work this whole sale was!! Smaller sales sprinkled throughout the year will, on the one hand be easier, but it also won't cause the same type of splash that this mega sale did!! xxoo

      Delete
    3. Re the brushes, I simply found I wasn't using them. I have a very small group of brushes that I have been using every day, year after year. I kept some of the Hakuhodo, including the Kokutan L, but the others just weren't getting any use. If I find I made a big mistake, I can always reorder ... except that Kazakhstan! That was a once-in-a-lifetime buy so I hope the new owner is happy with it.

      I highly recommend a blog sale to cull down. It gives others a chance to try makeup at less than retail, and you can move it out while it's still fresh. Given all we have that stuff would expire long before we'd ever use it up!

      Today I am taking a break from all but invoicing new orders, purely so the buyers can relax and know the goods will be theirs. :)

      Delete
    4. I take my hat off to you, Zu!! I could probably have a blog sale with as much stuff as you did based on the things that I'm not using, and my backups alone are frightening!! Things are always replaceable, but if you weren't using it now, you probably won't need/want to replace it later!

      I think that I might have to do a blog sale at some point. What's super interesting is that I had planned on buying a truckload of stuff from your blog sale, but despite the fact that you had so many things that I would have loved to have gotten-- I found that seeing all of those things that you weren't using made me think of all of the things that I'm not using! So rather than wanting to collect more-- I found that your sale made me want to purge much of what I have!! I didn't expect to have that happen. Plus many of the things that I wanted sold out so quickly-- clearly to people that needed them more that I did!!

      I'm so glad to hear that you are taking a bit of a break from the sale today, but I can certainly see why you would want to do the invoicing so that you buyers/readers can relax and know that their goods are being processed!! :D

      Delete

I love reading your comments! If you have a specific question or request, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Comments that contain advertising links or shameless plugs will not be published.