Launched in the "Lipstick Swatchfest" teaser, I showed my small collection of plum-based lipsticks and then the red ones. Now it's time for my small coral-based collection of lipsticks.
I wanted these to work because the colors are so pretty, but in truth, they are all too warm against my skin tone, some more than others.
This lineup includes:
- Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm, Plushest Punch (sent from a lovely blogger friend)
- Maybelline SuperStay 14HR Lipstick™, Eternal Rose
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, Sweet Tart
- Revlon Matte Lipstick, Pink About It
- Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Lipstick, Endless Dream
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine, 55 Romance
- Guerlain Rouge Automatique, 64 Chamade
- ... and I should have included elea blake cosmetics, Dreamy--a rose that leans the tiniest bit coral but still works (barely)
The warmish undertones in the lipsticks stand out against the purely cool tones of the Cool Summer palette.
Two in particular, Chanel Romance and Edward Bess Endless Dream, might even suit Soft Summer complexions.
Here are the same two lipsticks compared to the Cool Summer palette. I'd say these are good Summer lipsticks overall--as always, depending on your existing lip pigment.
Clinique's Plushest Punch is quite vibrant, perhaps for the more bold Light Summers.
Or maybe ideally suited for a True Winter, as in the comparison to the palette below. (Maybe even a Bright Winter or Bright Spring, but I don't have those palettes for comparison.)
Guerlain Chamade is a very close match to the Light Summer 6.3 chip.
A color chameleon, Chamade is not too far from the Cool Summer 7.2 chip, and Maytee put it into my "yes" pile after my SciART draping.
Maybelline Eternal Rose was not ideal against my cool coloring. Too vibrant and warm. Here it is compared to the Light Summer fan:
Revlon Pink About It was wrong wrong wrong on me, but it looks like a great match for Light Summers, those of you who can do matte finishes, anyway. I bet this color tips into Light Spring.
Revlon Sweet Tart looks like a great match for the Cool Summer fan, but it's very pigmented, so perhaps ideal for Winter beauties.
That's all for now. For other posts in the lipstick swatch series, see the following:
- Lipstick Comparisons: Reds
- Lipstick Comparisons: Plums
- Lipstick Comparison Monster Map
- Lipstick Comparison Teaser
All photos taken by me.